I am looking to migrate from my WordPress generated and managed feeds to a third party service. So I thought I would spell out my requirements.
The important stuff:
- The migration to the service must be seamless for my current subscribers (Yeah I know all 3).
- The service should provide a suite of metrics that allow me better understand who, how often, when, how long, how many times (You know what I mean, the numbers).
- In the case that I choose to leave your service, I must be able to migrate my feeds transparently and also be able to migrate my usage data.
- I would like support for one click subscription to the various news readers.
- The service must have tight wordpress integration.
- Integration with analytical packages say like Google analytics
- feeds must be human readable
- I would like it to support leave comment from the feed.
- Configurable support for social network services like Digg or del.icio.us (Sometimes I want it on, sometimes off)
- Support for the widest set of RSS extensions (This is what I mean)
- A strong record of availability, reliability and scalability (I might hit 4 subscribers someday)
- Should support multiple feeds per site, no limit.
- Integration to see where my feed is bookmarked and subscribed (share.opml.org, del.icio.us, Google reader ect…)
The not so important stuff:
- Advertising, I prefer none. ( I know that say for a free service this is negotiable)
A free service must support the first 3 bullet points in my important stuff list. The rest Is negotiable. I may be willing to pay for no ads and really cool features. I would like to see a track record of satisfied customers, transparency is good. So that is it so far, if I think of more I will be sure to spring it on you in the 9th hour.
So make your case (reader recommendations welcome)