This exercise was put forth over at Gapers Block. I found the comments very interesting seeing a mix of shared insight, missed opportunity and painful regret. So I thought really hard what I would tell myself, and I realized I wouldn’t focus on any one event. I find my missed opportunities and my past transgressions make me and I prefer to live in the present.
But if I could, I would tell the 15 year old me:
- Put more at risk.
- Always look for the good in people.
- When you commit to something give yourself completely.
- Breath, be still and don’t worry so much.
- (okay one specific event)Go to the Nirvana Concert!!!!!!!!
If I really could I would tell the 10 year old me, don’t play king of the dumpster, don’t push your sister.
Here are two Twitter bots I would love to see:
- Google search history bot posts at random my search queries every hour or so.
- FedEx tracking bot send it the tracking number and it twitters the location of your package.
So I just thought I would list out where some of my attention data is stored, definitely not an exhaustive list and not in any order. This list just screams opportunities for attention efficiency, forget paying me for my attention data just let me be more efficient with it.
Where is your attention data stored?
I invite you to create your own lists in the comments section or trackback your list. I am interested to see where all our attention data goes.
- My VOIP provider
- Credit Cards (multiple Parties, I worked in the industry and it would scare you the amount of data they have)
- Cell phone provider
- My employer
- Local Government
- Tollway authority
- My hosting provider
- My preferred airline
- My preferred Hotel
- My Car
A list of languages I have had to code in. The list is in no particular order.
- Visual Basic